Hot Air Balloon Rides
Follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
COME FLY WITH US!
Experience the thrill of a hot air balloon flight in the Chocolate Hills of Bohol
The basket of our balloon allows amazing aerial pictures and videos!
There's no better place than the sky to pop the question to your beloved one or for pre-nup pictures
Hot air balloon in the Chocolate Hills of Bohol
Biyahe ni Drew in the hot air balloon of Bohol
Бохол. Орёл и Решка. Морской сезон-3
Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho in Bohol
Prenuptial Photo Shoot
A balloon flight will take around 30 to 45 minutes. If the wind is low it could be 1 hour long. If the wind is high it might be around 25 minutes. We fly directly in the Chocolate Hills! The direction of the wind also directly influences the duration of the flight. It is the responsibility of the pilot to ensure that the aircraft will land safely so any flight duration requirements are not taken into account when choosing the appropriately safe landing site
The flight package includes complimentary edited Go-Pro pictures taken during the flight and showcasing the landscape on the background with the basket and passengers on the foreground. A sample of those pictures can be seen here:
The flight package includes complimentary edited 360 degrees pictures taken during the flight and showcasing mostly the passengers inside the basket. A sample of those pictures can be seen here:
The balloon capacity is based on the body weight and not the number of persons inside the basket. The maximum balloon capacity for passengers is 520 kilos.
Balloons need stable winds to operate effectively; the hours at sunrise are best for finding these winds. We can't fly the balloon two hours after sunrise due to thermal activity throughout the day.
The sunrise flight meeting time is 4:00 AM in the town of Carmen in Central Bohol; the balloon inflation setup will begin at around 5:00 AM and take off shall be done just around 6:00 AM The activity should be finished by 7:00 AM. A flight briefing will be given to all the passengers by the pilot in command.
If staying in Panglao area the time to travel from Panglao to the meeting place is estimated to be 1 hour and thirty minutes drive. Therefore, the departure from Panglao must be at 2:30 AM. For those who don't want to travel early in the morning we can assist your overnight stay in Carmen or recommend an accommodation within the area.
The van transportation to the meeting place or to the flying area is not included in our standard package. The reason is most of our customers combine their hot air balloon flight with a Bohol day tour that they typically get with any travel agency or van driver in Panglao. Such tours usually include seeing the tarsiers, riding a zipline, visiting the famous churches of the island, etc. In such case, the hot air balloon flight will be the first activity of your day and then all other sight seeing activities will be done after. If you don’t have a vehicle and driver yet, we can arrange your round-trip transportation to the flying site from Panglao, Tagbilaran or Carmen. We could also arrange a shared vehicle for all the guests staying in the same area so that transportation cost will be split between all groups flying the same day.
Infant and children below 2 years old are not allowed to fly. Children above 2 years old can fly on board provided that parents bring a carrier for their baby to be securely tucked with one of the parents. Pregnant women and persons with disabilities are not allowed on board. Adults aging from 60 years old and up must be physically fit.
We rely on weather forecast to plan for the flights and it’s not always completely accurate. Therefore the pilot reserves the right to cancel the flight in case of rain, thunderstorm activity or surface winds higher than 8 knots in order to preserve passenger and aircraft safety at all times. In the event of a cancellation because of the weather, you have the option to be either fully refunded or rescheduled another day. Such cancellation can happen prior to the flight or directly at the take-off site.
WHERE TO STAY OVERNIGHT IN CARMEN
At the time of writing, 5 resorts were available for an overnight stay near the Chocolate Hills of Carmen:
- Banlasan lodge: your budget friendly accommodation at 400 pesos per night for a fan room good for 2 people or 600 pesos per night for an air conditionned room good for 2. At that price, you'd have to take your shower with a bucket and a diper from your private bathroom with cold water. Banlasan lodge also has VIP rooms with air/con, TV and hot shower for 800 pesos per night good for 2. For larger groups, look for the family rooms (air/con, TV and hot shower); the small one has two double beds (1500 pesos good for 4) while the bigger one has three double beds (2000 pesos good for 6). Banlasan lodge offers free WiFi internet near the reception (the VIP rooms are close enough to the reception to receive WiFi signal), two large swimming pools, a big Feng Shui garden at the back and two hammocks. Their guarded parking is big enough for vans, pickup-trucks, cars and motorcycles. You can rent a scooter there for 600 pesos per 24 hours. Breakfast not included.
Reservation: 0918 534 5792 (Smart)
Map access HERE
- Villa del Carmen bed and breakfast: a backpacker hostel in a wooden 3 storey house. You will find here all the good features a backpacker hostel can offer: shared kitchen with fridge, large living room with sofas and books, free WiFi internet everywhere in the house (that includes your room), promiscuity with other guests as the rooms are next to each others and the living room is the central place of the house. The parking inside is big enough for vans, pickup-trucks, cars and motorcycles. Each room has a TV, hot shower, is air conditionned and has an electric fan. Twin rooms or double rooms are available for 1200 pesos per night good for 2. The deluxe room with private terrace and nice view on the fields is a great deal at 1800 pesos good for 2. One family room is available for 1600 pesos per night good for 3. Additional mattresses can be put in the mezzanine for 250 pesos per head (no private bathroom, no aircon). You can rent a scooter there for 600 pesos per 24 hours. Breakfast not included. No swimming pool.
Reservation: 0929 831 0115 (Smart) ;
Map access HERE
- La Ne resort: concrete rooms downtown Carmen at a walking distance from the marketplace and local town life. Behind those tall concrete walls you will find a swimming pool and air conditionned rooms each having a refrigirator, cable TV, and hot shower for 1500 pesos per night good for 2. Family rooms are available for 2000 pesos per night good for 5. Additional mattresses can be added for 360 pesos per head. Free WiFi Internet connection available inside the rooms. Two small parkings can accomodate a maximum of 5 vans or cars. No scooters for rent.
Reservation: 0919 316 7364 (Smart) or 0939 473 6067 (Smart)
Map access HERE
- 7P2 pension house: manor-type building with yard, located downtown Carmen at a walking distance from the marketplace and local town life. Don't be disconcerted by the absence of painting on this big concrete building; you'll find behind those grey walls standard double rooms with large and clean bathrooms. Air conditionned rooms with hot shower available at 1700 pesos per night good for 2 people and inclusive of american-style breakfast. Fan rooms with shared bathroom available for 800 pesos per night good for 2 and excluding breakfast. Family room available for 2000 pesos per night good for 4. Additional mattresses can be added for 350 pesos per head. Free WiFi Internet connection available everywhere inside and outside the building. The parking inside is big enough for vans, pickup-trucks, cars and motorcycles. You can rent a scooter there for 500 pesos per 24 hours. No TV inside the rooms and no swimming pool.
Reservations are only accepted via booking.com, airbnb, agoda, tripadvisor, etc
Map access HERE
- Gonzala suites: Located in the heart of the Chocolate Hills, this new hotel offers an amazing rooftop terrace view on the Chocolate Hills . Very clean and well maintained, food can be ordered in the restaurant of the hotel. It has 5 standard room at 1300 pesos for 1 person or 1500 pesos for 2. 7 superior rooms at 1500 pesos for 1 person or 1700 pesos for 2. And 3 deluxe rooms at 1700 pesos for 1 person or 2200 pesos for 2.
Reservations: 0920 294 0279
Map access HERE
TRANSPORTATION TO THE CHOCOLATE HILLS OF CARMEN
There are 3 different ways to come and visit the Chocolate Hills of Carmen:
- Rent a motorcycle in Tagbilaran or Panglao (500 pesos per day) and drive by yourself on the national highway going to Carmen. Freedom to go and stop where you please, Panglao to Carmen on a motorbike takes 1 hour and 30 minutes if you drive non-stop ; but you'll probably want to stop along the way to enjoy the sightseeing activities.
- Take a public bus in Tagbilaran city. The bus terminal is located near the biggest mall of Tagbilaran: Island City Mall (ICM for short). The bus terminal is between the marketplace and the mall; ask for a bus going to Carmen, you'll be there within two hours depending on how many passenger hop off/hop in the bus along the way. Tickets are very cheap. Some buses have air/con, some don't! When you arrive in Carmen, you can rent a motorbike at your resort.
Map access HERE
- Join an inland Bohol tour by van or tourist bus: you'll find numerous tour operators covering some of the highlights of Bohol on a day trip. They usually begin the tour in Panglao or in Tagbilaran. Usually it costs between 3000 and 3500 pesos to rent a van.
RESERVATION / WHERE TO BUY YOUR BALLOON TICKET
You can give us a call: 0917 123 7900
Or send us an email:
Or contact us through Facebook:
For pre-nup pictures involving the balloon, we can propose a package for a one hour photo shoot with the hot air balloon and Chocolate Hills as the background. Send us a request and we will send a quotation.
SKY'S THE LIMIT
BALLOON RIDES INC.
Poblacion Sur, Carmen, Bohol, Philippines
Reservation is only done through email and FB message. Please send us a message at the following addresses: Thank you!